Monday, July 29, 2013

Introducing style icon #1.

I'm pleased to announce my first style icon in my style icon series...Audrey Hepburn!



I fell in love with Ms. Hepburn at first sight. I really did. I know, it sounds crazy, but her slightly mysterious allure and undeniable class made a significant impact on me. At the time, I was going through some really big changes; high school was fast approaching and that summer, I was determined to reinvent myself. Watching Breakfast at Tiffany's, I began to think, "Well, if I'm going to reinvent myself, why not be like her?!" So I started my little journey to imitate the class, grace, and elegant style of this iconic actress.




Oh, the famous Oscar dress. This off-white, high neck, Givenchy beauty was worn by Audrey at the 1954 Oscars, where she won the award for Best Actress for her role in the film Roman Holiday. I love this because of the high neckline and the cinched waist to make her look quite slim. I personally am not a fan of lower necklines on myself just because they're unflattering on me, so I love how this dress covers the entire chest. The waistline is perfect as well. I think that a nice belt at the waist and a fuller skirt create for a very tailored, slim look.




Another great one: the dress from the opening scene in Breakfast at Tiffany's. Though this was a movie and she didn't wear this in real life, I think it describes her style quite well. It's Givenchy, which was a designer she particularly adored. She liked clean cuts and simple colors. Once again, the high neckline caught my eye! I also am loving all the accessories. I think it's always great to have a simple base to your outfit (white v-neck, medium length khaki shorts) and accessorize like crayyy-zy.





This is a more casual look of hers. Ms. Hepburn was very active at the beginning of the mod era, in the early 60s. Hence, the shift dress and short hair. I love this summery ensemble because once again, it's simple. Audrey was a huge fan of simple and easy, which we can clearly see by the outfits that she stepped out in. This dress doesn't overwhelm her and the stripes don't make her look wide (like they tend to make people look).



That's it! I could go on and on and on about Audrey Hepburn, but I don't want to be unfair to the other icons whom I'll feature in the next couple of days!

Signed,
Penelope P.


Image Source 1
Image Source 2
Image Source 3 
Image Source 4

No comments:

Post a Comment