Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Is anyone as excited for the Prince of Cambridge as I am?!



At 4:24 PM London time Monday, July 22nd, the future King of England was welcomed graciously by millions into the world. I'm American. I have no royal ties whatsoever, but I am overjoyed by the birth of this baby boy! I have been following the Royal Family of the UK very closely since Prince William and Duchess Catherine announced their engagement in November of 2010. I remember getting up at 5:30 in the morning on the day of the wedding in April of 2011 to watch the regal (I mean, hello?) event take place. I was absolutely mesmerized by the dress, how beautiful Westminster Abbey was, and by the fact that before she was Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, she was Kate Middleton, an ordinary woman from Newbury, Berkshire. The Duchess definitely serves the young women of today as a positive role model.

I think the Duchess of Cambridge has provided the world with a sense of grace and class. She seems so go about life in such an organized, elegant fashion, but she still is, in my eyes at least, human. I think that so many people are under the impression, subconsciously, that the Royal Family are not human because they're royal! I've found that people tend to think this about celebrities as well (well, the Royal Family is a family of celebrities). They think that celebrities and royals are so perfect that they can't possibly be just like them. Of course, they have different responsibilities than we have and live drastically different lives, but inside, we're all the same. When I was little, I had my fantasies of becoming a princess and living this lavish life, but now I see how ordinary the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge actually are. They're people just like you and I, and that's why I think that girls should look up to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. She's real, honest, and makes sure that the fame doesn't get to her as it has gotten to many other people.

All in all, I think I will always look up to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, because she's transitioned from common person to royal with grace and poise, all while keeping her true self in the light of fame, which 99.9% of people love (I have never heard of a person who doesn't like her and I can't imagine why they would.).

No comments:

Post a Comment