Monday, July 22, 2013

Long time no blog!

Hey everyone!! I'm really sorry that I haven't been blogging lately. I've been busy preparing for school and transforming my life and I have been clearly slacking very badly on blogging. I feel bad not blogging because it is something that I like to do, but school does take priority over anything else, so that's just something I'm going to have to adjust and work with as I go along.

Just a little update on what I've been doing lately:


  • SAT/PSAT prep work! - I re-take the PSAT (which is also the qualification test for National Merit Scholarships) in October and I'm trying very hard to get a better score than I did last year. This means lots of tutoring and memorizing and studying etc.
  • Chinese! - I told you guys a while ago that I was trying to learn Chinese and I'm still trying! It's also a lot of work.
  • Summer work! - I cannot believe that I have as much summer work for school as I have. I have work in five out of my six classes and I have to read four books. It doesn't seem like much when I say it, but when you're as busy as I am, it's hard to find the time.
  • Working out! - I set a goal for myself to be able to run two miles by the end of summer (which for me is August 29th. That is when pre-season starts.) and I've been going to the gym six days a week to work on that. I'll make sure to do a post on goals because I think that goal setting is a very important aspect to life. 
  • Beach! - I went to the beach with some friends for my friend, Priya's, birthday. We had loads of fun and I got a tan, which is really nice because I was beyond pale before I left!
  • Work! - I've been working a lot lately, i.e. babysitting. Back to school shopping is always a burden on me because, going to boarding school, I need a lot of stuff. My parents try to instill in me the value of a dollar and they make sure that I work hard for what I have, therefore, I buy a lot of the things that I want/need. I also feel a lot better buying my own things because my parents have a lot of other things to buy for my siblings and for themselves, so I make sure to work very hard for my money.

That's pretty much it! Once again, I'm sorry I haven't been blogging at all, but you can see why. I hope to be blogging more in the next couple of weeks and I'll definitely keep you guys posted on the things that I buy for school (I plan to get some super cute stuff!). 

Signed,
Penelope P. 

No comments:

Post a Comment