Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I workout.



Second post of the day--WEEEEE! Haha, anyway, I want to talk about my obsession with the gym (which may or may not be unhealthy yet. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.). I've been going to the gym near my house since Saturday. Yes, I know, it hasn't been long, but I go every other day and I feel ahhh-mazing! I love the feeling after a good workout and I never thought I'd ever say that considering where I was a couple of months ago (I used to despise the gym. Despise). I love the sweat coming down my forehead knowing that I worked a heck of a lot harder than the people sitting on the couch!
I'm a dancer. I've been dancing since I was 3 and I love it so much. It is my life. However, I've come to the realization over the past couple of months, after knee and ankle injuries kept me off my feet for a couple of weeks, that the favoritism in my studio is not to my liking. I hate the fact that I don't get more opportunities to dance just because my director likes some other girls more than me (and this has more to do with my insane schedule than my dance ability because, I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I'm good). Therefore, this upcoming fall, though I will still be dancing a little bit, I've decided to take up...drum roll, please...field hockey!
I've never been an athletic person, to be honest, but my school is very big on all the girls (if you didn't read my first post, I go to an all-girls school) trying something new and different and not feeling self-conscious about it. My best friend played field hockey for the first time last year and she loves it. My older sister plays and she loves it, so I thought, why not give it a try. This led to my first trek over to the gym to jump on the treadmill because I cannot run to save my life. Seriously. If a bear were chasing me, I'd give up and take that as a sign that God was ready for me to leave this Earth.
Along with my obsession with working out comes my obsession with workout attire! Look, lululemon is expensive, but their workout gear is actually beautiful. It's beautiful and I believe it's worth the price. Below are some things that I'm currently lusting over and that I'll gladly save up for!
Energy Bra
Energy Bra
Flow And Go Tank
Flow and Go Tank II
Scoop Me Up Tank
Scoop Me Up Tank II
Run:Inspire Crop II
Run Inspire Crop II
Beach Runner Crop
Beach Runner Crop




Signed, 
Penelope P.

No comments:

Post a Comment