Monday, June 10, 2013

Did I tell you about boarding school? A quick day in the life!

A minor detail I forgot to mention right off the bat about my life--I go to boarding school! I cannot believe I forgot to say that because it's a huge part of my life. I'm not home during the week and I only go home when I can on weekends. I'm a local boarder, which is really nice because if I forget something at home, my mom or dad can just drop it off. I'm so fortunate to be able to have the boarding option because I absolutely love my school and the traffic where I live is out of control, so I can't drive everyday. Sure, it's all-girls and I have forgotten how to talk to boys when I see them in person, but the atmosphere, the amazing education that I'm getting and the people all make up for that. Below, you'll find an abbreviated day in the life of moi at school. Bear in mind that this was sophomore year and my schedule will be somewhat different next year.


6:55 (it was really 7:10)--Wake up!

7:40--Breakfast with friends in the dining hall (COFFEE.)

8:00-3:05/40--Class

4:00-6:15 (on days I wanted to stay for private instruction)--Dance

6:05 (on a typical day)--Dinner

6:45--Shower

7:05--Start homework/chat with people in the dorm/talk to teachers, house adults etc.

7:30-9:30--Study Hall (either in the library or my room; it's required for everyone besides seniors)

11:00--Lights Out

As you can see, everyday for me is very strictly scheduled. I must stay on this schedule or I get all off! However, that was abbreviated, as mentioned, so I do a lot more and am actually a lot busier that it seems. It's far from fabulous sometimes, but when I graduate and move on to the next phase in my life, I'll look back on my experience at my school and offer my greatest thanks to everyone that made it possible. Hoped you enjoyed this little glimpse into my life!

Signed, 
Penelope P.


No comments:

Post a Comment