Sunday, June 2, 2013

Welcome to My World.

Greetings (does that sound too cheesy?)! My name is Penelope (okay, we're gonna get this straight right now, my real name is not Penelope. I'm operating this entire blog off of pseudonyms for privacy reasons!). I'm 16 and live on the East Coast fairly north, but I'm more of a southern girl at heart. I go to an all-girls prep school and live in a world of shiny new Bentleys and Beemers, beautiful homes and perfectly manicured lawns with white picket fences. I decided to start this blog for a couple of reasons, as follows:

  1. There is so much more to this world than shiny new Bentleys and Beemers, beautiful homes and perfectly manicured lawns with white picket fences, and I feel like I am surrounded by many people who do not understand that. I want to be able to voice my opinions about real issues that happen in this world while letting y'all know how fabulous life can be.
  2. After one heck of a sophomore year, I need to de-stress and I think the perfect way to do that is write, which perfectly segues into my next reason...
  3. I love to write. I may not be the best writer (haha, clearly), but I love it so much and I want to be a journalist one day.
  4. Its about to be an insane summer. Some wise seniors at my school told me that junior year is going to be one of the hardest years of your life, so I should have an eventful summer. I want to share with people what this teenager is doing to occupy her summer time (besides the pile of summer work that needs to get done before August 29th...), and the crazy things that I may, or may not do.
Well, I think that's enough to start with!! I mean, I don't believe anyone is reading this so what the heck am I doing....

Signed,
Penelope P.

No comments:

Post a Comment